26 January 2008

Many thanks & more liquid metals...

So, firstly a word of thanks. I've just taken some time to peek at the comments on 4shared and here and just wanted to say a big thank-you for letting me know that you like my experiments so far! I know a lot of people get very disheartened about the tiny percentage of people who comment compared to the number of downloads, but I promised myself I wouldn't. In actual fact I'm rather pleased and surprised that so many people have taken the time to download and say they like my first little offerings when there are so many talented people out there designing, that we're really all spoiled for choice!

So moving on, here are the final three packs of Liquid Metals, and in many ways my favourites - Bronze, Copper & Red Gold. Here's a little reminder of what they look like, and you can also scroll down to see the preview of all nine packs I posted previously.

And here are the links:
Belanna's Liquid Metals (Bronze)
Belanna's Liquid Metals (Rose Gold)
Belanna's Liquid Metals (Copper)

Again, if you use any of these in your scrapping, please send me a link because I'd love to see what you create!

So what now? I may do some more frames, since the first two sets were better received than I thought they'd be (lol!) but I think I might also release the second set of papers I played with, the Fun Furs, which I rather liked, so here's a peek:



So apart from figuring out more about how my software works, which is great, what have I learned so far? Well, I've learned that I really do prefer the earthy colour spectrum...chocolate, copper, bronze, gold, rust etc ... and that I like rich, vibrant finishes ... and that I love playing with papers lol!!!

But I'm really struggling with elements, because I actually don't use very many when I'm scrapping. Even when I see something I love, it's difficult to bring myself to put it on a page unless it's justified somehow by the content...frames being the most obvious example. So I guess I'm struggling with what to try next in terms of 'playing' with elements, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears....

3 comments:

  1. merci pour les merveilleux papiers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a graphic designer/photographer and I look for interesting background papers in earth or jewel tones. I don't use elements too often, but the ones I like are rust, arrows, cardboard, stars, items with a lot of dimension. I don't use bows, brads, buttons, ribbons. Occasionally I'll use stitching. I love aged notepaper, grid paper, and "stacks" of papers at different angles to frame the photo. My personal thought is that the photo is the most important element on the page, not the "scrapbook" art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These liquid metals are so unique and beautiful! I can't thank you enough for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete