03 April 2007

Most treasured and most thankful...



Okay, so this is my second challenge ever and my second scrapbook page ever. Why is it so special? Well one, it's about the person that matters most to me, who changed my life in ways he doesn't even understand. And also, it refers to two monumental trips - one in 2004 to visit Canada to plan our emigration, and one in 2005 which was a pitstop at our favourite hotel in Brighton on our way to Canada to live - really lifechanging moments. And finally because the top photo is his favourite photo of himself ever, and I took it! The bottom one is a little blurry, but that was mostly due to the champagne, so even the blur is special!

It was created for Andrea Gold's 'What are you most thankful for' challenge at GoDigitalScrapbooking. I didn't manage to get the hang of the template provided in PSE (I've only just started using that too), so I worked in Powerpoint instead and recreated it as closely as possible.

And I'm entering it for Misty Cato's competition more because I'd love to get my first comment on my baby blog than because I have any hope of winning, which I doubt!

Credits: Key, Tag and Alpha from Debra Anderson's For All Time kit; everything else created in Powerpoint.

1 comment:

  1. I get to leave the first comment - wow! I'm honored. Your page captures your special moments wonderfully. I particularly like that you chose to scrap his favorite photo of himself (as opposed to your favorite photo of him). It shows just how much his feelings and preferences mean to you. I had to giggle that the bottom photo is blurry because of the champagne - how perfect that you scrapped it that way. Thanks so much for sharing your page with me.

    ReplyDelete